es1-511-c665 will not power on

Harly9

Commendable
Oct 15, 2016
The laptop won't power on even with the power cord plugged in. I have tried a hard reset to no avail. The charger is putting out 19vdc as expected. While plugged in, the orange charging led flashes. The blue power led comes on for maybe five seconds when the power button is pressed. Any suggestions?

Solution
The part where the battery connects with the computer should be near the center of the side of the battery, on the the side that faces the computer when it is plugged in. Usually it is about an inch in length, and usually resembles a series of at five or more very narrow, identical slots. It can actually look a bit like fan grating, except much smaller. The outermost of these slots will be the positive and negative terminals of the battery.
Try the following and see if it will turn on.

1. First make sure the device has been charged.
2. Unplug your charger cord.
3. Remove the battery.
4. Press and hold the "Power" button for 30 seconds and see if the device will turn on.
5. If it does, great, if not yet, no big deal. Now plug back in the power/charger cord. (If it didn't turn on without the cord in, it should turn on once you it is in. Yes sometimes they will turn on, or try to turn on, even with nothing attached/plugged in.)
6. Now put the battery back in.

If this doesn't help, then test the power cord to see if it is good. Either try your cord in another device, or try another devices cord in your laptop.

Should that not be the problem, then check the battery to see if it needs replacing.

Harly9

Commendable
Oct 15, 2016

I've left the laptop plugged in for over 24 hours. The charging led just keeps blinking. I have tried unplugging the battery and charger and then holding the power button for up to two minutes with no results. The charger is fine as I said before. Which terminals on the battery connector do I check for proper voltage output?

The part where the battery connects with the computer should be near the center of the side of the battery, on the the side that faces the computer when it is plugged in. Usually it is about an inch in length, and usually resembles a series of at five or more very narrow, identical slots. It can actually look a bit like fan grating, except much smaller. The outermost of these slots will be the positive and negative terminals of the battery.

Solution