Eurocom Mx5 Sky Laptop

kudohlol

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2011
Looking to upgrade laptops for potential gaming when im at the girlfriends place and i get bored, or when im taking a break from studying at school.

Found a deal on kijiji for a Eurocom mx5 sky laptop, never opened laptop for 850 Canadian. its like 60% off brand new price.

Anyone know if eurocom laptops are good, and does this sound like a great deal or is this just an out dated laptop that im going to be regret buying 6 months in.

Solution
Ahh :D i picked it up, it didnt have windows so after a day or two trying to get windows 7 on it with 3.0 slots only available, and a bios that didnt allow me to turn them off so they would be read like 2.0's, i just bought windows 10 for 177$ tax in, which hurt a bit, but i guess the system was 2100~ brand new regardless of windows on it or not... It runs really well, playing overwatch at ultra perfectly fine, but its still a laptop and i can never really comfortably game on it like i do on my desktop... but for 800$ it was to good to pass up... selling my 4 year old G75V for 400$.. So all in all 600$ for a new laptop sounds like a great deal even if its just for casual gaming at my gf's place..

Its super light weight, doesnt make a...

kudohlol

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2011
From what i gathered the laptops in general are pretty solid, they come from what you said like Clevo or Sage or something chasis and tend to have really high quality parts, but i was afraid to drop 850 on something that is a bit older and might not be considered good quality a year from now...

Wanted to see if anyone would say, hey for 850 grab it, its never been used the guy said he got it as a gift, but has a mac book pro and never used it, because hes not really a gamer... Hope all goes well when i boot it up later today.

Well, how is the new laptop? Inquiring minds want to know. Hope it's working out for you. :D

kudohlol

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2011
Ahh :D i picked it up, it didnt have windows so after a day or two trying to get windows 7 on it with 3.0 slots only available, and a bios that didnt allow me to turn them off so they would be read like 2.0's, i just bought windows 10 for 177$ tax in, which hurt a bit, but i guess the system was 2100~ brand new regardless of windows on it or not... It runs really well, playing overwatch at ultra perfectly fine, but its still a laptop and i can never really comfortably game on it like i do on my desktop... but for 800$ it was to good to pass up... selling my 4 year old G75V for 400$.. So all in all 600$ for a new laptop sounds like a great deal even if its just for casual gaming at my gf's place..

Its super light weight, doesnt make a lot of noise, but it 100% does need a cooling pad, as its way to small for its power and definitely heats up ( hasnt stopped working without a heating pad ) But still for longevity of the parts, it would be wise to have a cooling pad.

Solution
Glad it worked out for you after getting past the OS issue. Congrats on your new 'toy' (I'm envious).

FWIW, my last laptop before the one in my sig was an ASUS G75V too.

Good to see you chose an answer that was posted a week after you bought the laptop as best answer, LOL...

kudohlol

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2011
Sorry i actually didnt even choose that answer that was an accident.. I must of miss clicked... Ive been working a lot, and inbetween work gf, and dealing with the OS, i would of checked the forums more often if i wasnt so bussyyyyyyy

rgd1101

Don't

unselected