Every time I start up my Dell XPS m1730 gaming laptop it will fail to start

MattyH76

Commendable
May 13, 2016
Every time I start up my Dell XPS m1730 gaming laptop it will fail to start stay on a black screen and sometimes when I press a key on the keyboard the cpu light will flash and the computer will make a single beep help please! If it makes it easier I can show you through Skype : Hodson39 - profile picture is the MeGusta face

Solution
Need more details, any background to the issue? Many times people leave out details like "I dropped it in a bathtub".

Did it just stop working out of no-where? Does it show anything on the screen when you turn it on like the BIOS loading screen? Try using an external monitor with it, hook up a keyboard and mouse with the monitor, turn on the laptop and close the lid right after that, any display? Does it seem like it's starting with the fan and hard drive working but no display?
Need more details, any background to the issue? Many times people leave out details like "I dropped it in a bathtub".

Did it just stop working out of no-where? Does it show anything on the screen when you turn it on like the BIOS loading screen? Try using an external monitor with it, hook up a keyboard and mouse with the monitor, turn on the laptop and close the lid right after that, any display? Does it seem like it's starting with the fan and hard drive working but no display?

Solution