Everything is Slower!

ThePcNewbie123

Estimable
Nov 30, 2015
Alright, I just started up my PC today and I found out everything is much more slower than usual. It takes like 5 seconds with a weird fade-in type of transition for a website/app to open up, such as apps as Skype or Chrome. Also, the sound is really distorted and slow. I opened up a sound file to find it going at like slow-mo distorted. Its takes like 5 seconds for a second to go by in the sound file, making it really bad. I tried Norton Anti-Virus and it came clean, as well as unplugging and moving my headset to a different USB port, and even just restarting. If you can help, please do! This is really annoying!

SPECS: (Btw, everything was working fine the other day before)
Windows 10
i7-4770
GTX 970
12 Gbs Ram
400 Gbs left of storage

Hlsgsz

Commendable
Feb 29, 2016

Doesnt; say on which partition, does it?

Jugeum

Commendable
Apr 26, 2016
Another thing to check is what is running on startup (for Win 10, it's in the task manager -> more details -> Startup) and see what kinds of junk is there. You could do a hardware diagnostics test to see if something has happened there, like one of your ram sticks not working. I would also try the while, turn off computer, unplug (take out battery if laptop), hold down power button for 10 seconds, plug back in (put battery back in), turn on. If all that doesn't work, I'd try scanning malwarebytes, anti-virus (try bitdefenders boot antivirus), checking how many extensions / toolbars chrome is running, and do some general cleanup of things.
Hope this helps!

ThePcNewbie123

Estimable
Nov 30, 2015

Sorry guys for the late response, all I needed to do was shut down my computer for then day and the next day it was working. Thanks the tips though!