Expand Your Xbox 360 With USB Storage Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

klavis

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
32gb is nice I guess, but can you use an external HD or does it have to be a flash drive. From a user standpoint I find it idiotic to be able to do one but not the other.

ivan_chess

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010
I'm guessing flash drives only otherwise you would never buy the bigger hard drives specially made for the XBox 360.

gmarsack

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2009
Any USB drive will due, does not have to be a flash drive. It will partition up to 16GB's on any attached drive and allocate the remaining space for other non-xBox storage.

False_Dmitry_II

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
I already moved my profile and ALL of my saves to a 4GB stick I bought just for this purpose. It reports it as a memory card in games. (which is funny to see when the game in question shows an actual picture of a memory card - and I've never owned one.

I even put stuff like Perfect Dark from the arcade on it and it doesn't seem any slower in loading than it did on the SATA connected hard drive.

miloo

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010
[citation][nom]ivan_chess[/nom]I'm guessing flash drives only otherwise you would never buy the bigger hard drives specially made for the XBox 360.[/citation]

totally agree ~ i bet they wont support those external HDD for sure~ they still fxxking selling 99 for 120G ! LOL

dkraptor

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2010
So... you don't need to pay for that update, too? usually everything's comeing from Microsoft is for sale, even everywhere else is free...

matt_b

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
[citation][nom]gm0n3y[/nom]So I can have 32gb of storage, and not be able to charge my controller?[/citation]
Unless things have changed, there are 3 USB ports on the xbox - 2 on the front, and 1 on the back above the ethernet connection. With 2 USB devices, that obviously leaves you one still.

I welcomed the addition gladly, I plugged in a couple of spare 4GB drives and my free space on the hard drive is no longer

matt_b

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2009
*for some reason I cannot go back and edit the above what for some reason got cut off when I hit the post reply button...???

less than 500MB. Nonetheless, I'll take what I can get even if it is an unfortunate 16GB x2 limitation.

G

Why, oh why can't we just plug in a HDD like any normal machine? The PS3 can do it. Trying to profit on proprietary HDD drives is lame; I thought Microsoft more than any other company would know the money is in the software- not the hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS