Explorer.exe crashing along with sound

Arianna_Valentine

Commendable
Jun 9, 2016
So basically i will be watching a video usually with flashplayer and all of the sudden it will stop and by stop i mean the video will stop playing completely it doesnt crash or anything just stops i can still pause it and stuff and it still has a picture it just kind of freezes. At the same time my sound goes out completely. Then usually after about 10-15 minutes explorer.exe crashes. The one fix i have found out is only a temp fix and that is logging out and back in my computer but i really need a fix fix not a tide me over for a few hours fix. i do hope someone can help me i have run AVG, Superantivirus and Avast all came up with a few viruses and removed them with no problem.

Solution
You can use Event Viewer to look for and identify any related error codes or warnings.

Open Event Viewer by pressing "WIN" and "R" keys. Type "Eventvwr" (without quotes) in the Open box.

The screen layout of folders, sub-folders etc. can be confusing. However take a few minutes to explore and you get a sense of things. You can always cancel or go back a step if necessary.

Look for log entries with red and yellow icons. There will always be such icons - however you are looking for icons/log entries that occur at or just before the time of the stoppage. You can click any individual log entry for more details.

The objective is to find some error codes or warning messages that can be googled to help identify possible causes or...
You can use Event Viewer to look for and identify any related error codes or warnings.

Open Event Viewer by pressing "WIN" and "R" keys. Type "Eventvwr" (without quotes) in the Open box.

The screen layout of folders, sub-folders etc. can be confusing. However take a few minutes to explore and you get a sense of things. You can always cancel or go back a step if necessary.

Look for log entries with red and yellow icons. There will always be such icons - however you are looking for icons/log entries that occur at or just before the time of the stoppage. You can click any individual log entry for more details.

The objective is to find some error codes or warning messages that can be googled to help identify possible causes or sources for the stoppage problem.

I would suspect a driver/software bug but that is just a pre-mature hunch. Need more information in the form of some specific error codes related to the stoppages.

Solution