External ASUS microphone not working or being recognized.

tomlindley12

Estimable
Aug 23, 2015
This week i have purchased a Turtle Beach X12 headset as the 2 in the past have not worked. I have an ASUS and it only has one port for a microphone/headphones so i have an adapter which combines both the microphone cable and the headphone cable part of the headset. Despite this when i do a sound recording it records sound from the internal microphone for my PC and not the external. When i go and see what recording devices i have on my computer it only shows the internal one from Realtek Audio and doesn't even pick up the one from my headset. The headset works for headphones as sound plays through it, however the microphone is never recognized. Even when just plugging in the microphone cable it still doesn't work and isn't noticed by the PC.

Has anyone experienced this before or does anybody know how to fix this problem? Is it a problem with my PC?

Solution
Hi,

Sometime you'll need a special splitter for it to work. But please do try these.
- Right click on the speaker icon on the bottom right had corner and select Recording Device
- Once open check which recording device is set as default and try changing it from one device to the other while you headset is connected.
- Right click and select Set as Default to the Turtle Beach microphone
- Click Apply and OK then try it again.
Hi,

Sometime you'll need a special splitter for it to work. But please do try these.
- Right click on the speaker icon on the bottom right had corner and select Recording Device
- Once open check which recording device is set as default and try changing it from one device to the other while you headset is connected.
- Right click and select Set as Default to the Turtle Beach microphone
- Click Apply and OK then try it again.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS