External bluray drive into a bluray player?

Shoemob

Estimable
Feb 24, 2014
Can I plug in an external Bluray drive into any Bluray players?

My reasoning is that I would like to have a bluray player hidden in a rack and run a long USB or USB extended over Cat5e with an external Bluray drive near my TV using an RF remote to control it.

Is the problem that it is inconvenient to load a disc into the racked bluray player? I don't think you can run a drive into the usb input of a player. No drivers. And there is no way you could control the drive from the player or directly since the drive has no controls of it's own (RF or IR).
You could use just move the bluray player to the TV and use the cat5e to send audio back to the rack.

Shoemob

Estimable
Feb 24, 2014

Yes it is a convenience, space, and design issue. I would use a RF universal remote to control it. I install high end AV systems and wanted a sleek way to install just a external bluray drive with USB extended over Cat5e plugged into a Bluray player in the rack. I figured there would be a driver issue but I was hoping there was some kind of solution or work around. I considered building a PC with Windows Media Center to accomplish this but the cost is high among other issues.