External GPU and PSU for HP Compaq 6000 Pro SFF

Solution

k1114

Distinguished
The pc comes in multiple configurations so the link doesn't help. I got the same info from you giving the model number which doesn't give me the info I need. If it's a celeron then you might as well get a new pc. If it's c2q then you can at least get something that can actually run gta 5. But it still doesn't provide a budget. Also 1000w is complete overkill. 850w is enough for sli titan x pascal. If you still use core 2 as your main pc, then there is no way you'd dump $2k+ anytime soon in a rig to even use 1000w.

mp8802

Commendable
Mar 14, 2016

The product number is AT492AV with an Intel Core 2 Duo at 3.16 GHz. Is that what you are looking for? I just wanted to know if I should get a new computer or not. Budget? $200-$300.

Also: I upgraded the RAM to be 12 G.

What exactly are you looking to do with this computer? If for any newer games, yes you need a new computer but $300 is not quite enough for a gaming system, even a low end one. About $600 for one including the OS license. This build is OK for a low end gaming system http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/q1-2016-system-builder-marathon-662-dollar-budget-pc,4523.html The video card price there is a bit high for a GTX 950, you can find one for about $120 after rebates or sales or lower that a bit to an AMD RX 460.

Solution