External graphics card

blackaxeofdeath1

Estimable
Sep 18, 2015
ok today i have a question regarding my new Toshiba laptop it is a satellite s55-c5274 i bought an external graphics card dock
link here
http://www.banggood.com/EXP-GDC-Laptop-External-PCI-E-Graphics-Card-p-934367.html?currency=USD&createTmp=1&utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_content=saul&utm_campaign=computer-us&gclid=CMGq9_6x6scCFQoTHwod_S0OMQ

and a

http://www.tmart.com/Vamery-GeForce-GTX650-Ti2GB-384Bit-DDR3-PCI-E-Graphics-Card_p331485.html
and my laptops pcie port where the wifi card plugs in is too small soo i wanted to know if this would be possible to setup and make work by using just an hdmi cable into the hdmi slot on my laptop

utgotye

Estimable
Jun 8, 2015
...no. That HDMI is almost certainly an HDMI out, meant to display what is on the laptop on a larger screen. There's no need for video inputs on a laptop since it has it's own screen. Why do you need an external video card? What's wrong with your laptop? Does the internal display adapter not work?

Unkk

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012
If you really need an external video card for multi monitor support, try TrippLite's USB-DVI adapter Model U244-001-R. You can have 5 of those on one machine if you really need to.
It's not very good at gaming, but my wife does PC tech support from home and has one laptop with four monitors.

blackaxeofdeath1

Estimable
Sep 18, 2015

well i am wanting to play some more graphics intensive games and thought that maybe this would be a solution but i guess unfortunately its looking like a no go but i still may try it anyways i already ordered the parts thinking it would work in my pcie slot but its just too small

blackaxeofdeath1

Estimable
Sep 18, 2015

thanx but i want to be able to play graphics intensive games that my laptop cant run at the highest quality i was thinking of starting a gaming channel on youtube but i may be out of luck for now

TRENDING THREADS