Solved! External Harddrive problem

Nov 27, 2018
I have a Western Digital 1TB external hard drive. It was accidentally dropped on the floor. When I now connect it to my laptop I hear it powering up but my laptop is not recognizing it. I desperately need to retrieve my pictures since I have used this as my storage unit for all my children's photos. I've been to Best Buy and a computer fix it shop and both places recommend shipping it out for a possible repair. My question is where do you recommend I send it for repair and is it likely that I can get all my pictures from the drive? Thank you kindly for your reply.

Solution
How did you connect it? You would need a twin cable or a special unit to connect a 3.5" disk - one lead for power and the other for data. If you have a PC, put the disk in the case and cable it accordingly. You might get a better result.

There are companies which calim to be able to retrieve data from the disks inside a hard drive but the more importance you put on the date, the higher the price goes.
How did you connect it? You would need a twin cable or a special unit to connect a 3.5" disk - one lead for power and the other for data. If you have a PC, put the disk in the case and cable it accordingly. You might get a better result.

There are companies which calim to be able to retrieve data from the disks inside a hard drive but the more importance you put on the date, the higher the price goes.

Solution