External speakers go in and out after a few seconds when plugged into pc

Trebormesos

Commendable
Dec 10, 2016
Hello, I've been having problems with my external speakers which are plugged into the back of my computer. My headphones work fine when plugged into the front of the computer but if i unplug them and use my external speakers, after about 10 seconds, the speakers will go out for about 2 - 3 seconds and then come back and work fine for about another 45 - 90 seconds. I know its not the speakers because I've used them with multiple different computers and electronics. I think the problem is with my sound card and being able to listen to stuff from the back of my computer. If it helps I have a Realtek ALC887 sound card and a gigabyte ga-z170-hd3p motherboard. Thanks.

Trebormesos

Commendable
Dec 10, 2016

I plugged my headphones into the back of the computer and the audio went out after about 2 and a half minutes. I don't know what a powered speakers are but I know they are a old pair. I have plugged them into my ps4, my tv, laptop(pc), laptop(mac) and an older mac desktop and they all worked fine with speakers. Can you tell me what a powered speaker is.

Trebormesos

Commendable
Dec 10, 2016

Ok then these speakers are powered speakers because they do have a power brick. Thank you for the help

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Audio 1
B Audio 0
asafb26 Audio 0
M Audio 3
J Audio 1
B Audio 3
W Audio 1
K Audio 2
M Audio 1
R Audio 3
B Audio 3