Question External ssd 100% usage help

May 15, 2024
Ignore that it says it’s working properly because it’s not. It just went away when I repluged the external ssd but the issue is still there
IMG_0947.jpg
IMG_0949.jpg
My friend has an issue with their external ssd. They are using a TEAMGROUP MP44L 500GB in a ugreen ssd enclosure. They have the ugreen ssd enclosure connected to a usbc port on their laptop. When they open The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind with mod organizer the ssd goes to 100% usage and the game freezes. They also can’t eject the ssd with windows. I opened device manager and saw a triangle with an exclamation point on USB Attached SCSI (UAS) Mass Storage Device Properties. When I replugged the external ssd the exclamation point went away but the issue is was still happening. Anyone know how to fix it?

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Try checking the drive with this:

I have an external enclosure that prevents me from testing an m.2 SSD I have (Samsung Magician won't even recognize it). Sounds you are having a similar issue.

Here is a related tool for measuring performance:

May 15, 2024
Try checking the drive with this:

I have an external enclosure that prevents me from testing an m.2 SSD I have (Samsung Magician won't even recognize it). Sounds you are having a similar issue.

Here is a related tool for measuring performance:

I download a portable version of it on portableapps so I can use it on usb