External USB 3.0 HDD not detected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian_94

Prominent
Apr 28, 2017
I have a new Inatech USB 3.0 Enclosure containing a new Toshiba internal SATA 320GB HDD.
Plugging it into the USB port on my Win7 desktop installs the driver but nothing shows up in the Windows 7 file manager. However, clicking on 'safely remove' produces 'Eject AS2115' when and only when the device is plugged in and the empty enclosure does not have this effect. Disk Management shows a Removable Drive E: with 'No Media'. Changing USB ports has no effect and the behaviour is the same on my laptop.
Any ideas?

Solution
I solved the problem. The E: drive was a red herring; being a flash card reader. The real issue is exactly where to right-click in DISKMGMT.MSC. The right place is just over where it says 'unallocated'. Then just select New Simple Partition, assign a drive letter (F: say) and format. So simple that only a child can do it!

Ian_94

Prominent
Apr 28, 2017
I solved the problem. The E: drive was a red herring; being a flash card reader. The real issue is exactly where to right-click in DISKMGMT.MSC. The right place is just over where it says 'unallocated'. Then just select New Simple Partition, assign a drive letter (F: say) and format. So simple that only a child can do it!

Reactions: georgemorrow1
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.