Extreme laptop cooling (0-10 Celsius)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StormFalcon

Estimable
Sep 20, 2015
I am looking to cool my laptop to temps that are at least under room temperature. I thought about using a TEC but it turns out they suck if you are trying to use them with an air cooling system. I don't want to water cool it (water and electronics does not sound good to me) so I can't use a TEC. All the alternatives are really expensive. I also don't want to just stick a bag of ice under my laptop cooler (really old targus chill mat I found in the closet) or have to keep replenishing something but power is not an issue. I would like to keep costs under $50. Laptops don't have a lot of space in them so my idea is to make the air under my laptop cooler really cold so that it blows cold air into my laptop. I'm doing this because I want to overclock my laptop to crazy speeds and I need to keep it cool. Is this possible?
Edit: Okay now that I know getting it to that temp is not possible, then how low CAN I go and how?

Solution
As side note, condensing point (where water actually appears) is usually 6 to 7 degrees Celcius below room temperature, bit less if temperature is over 24C
So having air at 16 while room is 20 wouldn't be a huge issue. Downside of course is that as far as cooling goes, it is difficult to both arrange and it's benefits are.. as mentioned, only that 6 to 7 degrees.

If laptop mobility is not the end goal, using external keyboard/mouse/monitor and removing all extra parts from the laptop (whole cassis really) would help more on the cooling than the colder air.

cdabc123

Estimable
Jun 9, 2015
Any temps below room temperature WILL create water and you can destroy your computer. their is no need to get it that cold just get it close to ambient and you will be fine

little_me

Estimable
May 9, 2015
As side note, condensing point (where water actually appears) is usually 6 to 7 degrees Celcius below room temperature, bit less if temperature is over 24C
So having air at 16 while room is 20 wouldn't be a huge issue. Downside of course is that as far as cooling goes, it is difficult to both arrange and it's benefits are.. as mentioned, only that 6 to 7 degrees.

If laptop mobility is not the end goal, using external keyboard/mouse/monitor and removing all extra parts from the laptop (whole cassis really) would help more on the cooling than the colder air.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.