F11 key is broken and need to press it on boot.

teun_ko

Estimable
Sep 1, 2014
Hi

I did not know where to post this so I hope I'm right.

Some keys of my laptop keyboard stopped working and the shop where I bought it says I need to do a factory reset. To do that I need to press F11 on boot but that key isn't working either. I don't have an external keyboard and don't really want to get one just for this.

Laptop is HP pavilion G6 2154sd and no there's no recovery manager in windows itself as I deleted everything HP by installing another windows copy.

So how can I fix this?

thanks!

Solution
G
You can probably get an ISO of Windows on popular file-sharing websites.
Just make sure to download it from a trusted source and to use the license number on the bottom of your laptop.
For your F11 key, did you try pressing both the F11 key and the function key on your laptop ?
The function should be located in the bottom left corner of your keyboard, near "Ctrl/Windows/Alt".

If that doesn't work, get a really cheap external keyboard or you could even borrow one from a friend.
G

You can probably get an ISO of Windows on popular file-sharing websites.
Just make sure to download it from a trusted source and to use the license number on the bottom of your laptop.
For your F11 key, did you try pressing both the F11 key and the function key on your laptop ?
The function should be located in the bottom left corner of your keyboard, near "Ctrl/Windows/Alt".

If that doesn't work, get a really cheap external keyboard or you could even borrow one from a friend.

Solution