Facebook Adds Face Detection for Photo Uploads

Status
Not open for further replies.

bison88

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
What would have been more useful is a biometric algorithm that was able to detect a authentic untouched photo from a Photoshop, guys know what I'm talking about :)

mavanhel

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009
[citation][nom]ngom52[/nom]there goes our privacy again........[/citation]
I thought that too, but really, this is probably the same technology that a camera uses to recognize a face that you want to take a picture. This only pulls out faces, it doesn't put names to them.....yet...

tokenz

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2006

Then get off of facebook. No one is forcing you to have an account

rbarone69

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006

Either way... I'm watching you with my silent black helicopter. Go ahead and look out your window and wave for me.

zoemayne

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
OK idiots this is a privacy issue if they gain a database with this technology than the FBI (or whoever) will be getting warrants to use that database or if it has to do with terrorism or any BS than they wont even need a warrant.

G

I DO NOT WANT COMMENT BUT I WANT TO CHANGE MY PHOTO IN FACEBOOK
NOW. PLEASE LET ME TO DO IT.

mirazh1976

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2009
I am so happy I left Facebook back in February after being on for two years. I had seen the writing on the walls. The only thing Facebook is good for is group collaboration. And really there is not much of a need for that behavior unless you are in a business or creative frame of mindset. Which really should be done in private anyway, for you know, a competitive advantage. And we all know most of our posts on FB were just look at me, who gives a f$%*, ego stroke BS anyhow. It is refreshing to actually have real private relationships with people again. Build that feeling of trust and comfort. Can't make time with everyone anyhow. Never foresaw myself being an attention whore which is one step away from a manipulative needy B. So have fun with your face recognition, obviously implemented to appease the FBI or NSA in secrecy years ago and now, "MADE PUBLIC FOR COOLNESS FACTOR". please, what waste of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.