Facebook ban system

NEOCROM

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2013
Hope it's the right place to ask. I see more and more cases that ppl are getting blocked by the staff for poor reasons, apparently if ppl are "offended", they can simply press that report button, and more reports seems to get someone banned. Wanna try to understand this system, because i see racist pages, or pages that are cool with hatred, that are still there, while pages with jokes, satire, are being shut down by the staff. I mean, what is the logic behind this? Have ppl got so oversensitive in the past years, and the staff adopted a more "communist" role, that they ban what's nice, and they allow what's worse? I would really wanna try to avoid this kind of things, cuz you never know which volatile people might report you for absolutely nothing, and the staff's ego to ignore reason and just ban you instantly.

And about the ban order would be like? As far as i understand, is 24 hours ban, then 3 days, then 7 days, then 30 days? And after that they will continue with the 30 days ban or they will eventually disable someone's account?

WildCard999

Honorable
Jul 18, 2014
Contact Facebook, they can probably answer those questions better then we can. Anyways what they deem as ban'able may be different then what you consider it to be. From my short time on FB I did notice that groups, especially closed ones, will gang up and report people who may not share the same humor or ideas. You could go through and read FB Terms of Service and see if that sheds some light.

NEOCROM

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2013
Well, i contacted the staff, but apparently they don't bother to answer. Still, i am curious, is the ban done by the system, being automatic after a user receives to many reports, or the staff handles the ban and deletes that users's post that might have broke the ToS?

NEOCROM

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2013
Alright, gonna ask someone from staff about that. But got one more question if someone knows. About ppl seeing your posts on a page, how can they do that? And following option i don't think it has something to do with, cuz i follow alot of people, and i only see their posts on their timeline, not on other pages. So how can i see someone's post on other pages?

NEOCROM

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2013

So there is no way to disable that. Wanted to know, because not long time ago, i had a "box" right of the page, upper to the friends that are active, where i could see who made a new post, or liked a post and such, but it dissapeared, dunno why. Also, i find it strange that i also could see in "news feed" what others could post on other pages, but now it doesn't show up anymore, but some others could see what i post on other pages, even if they didn't liked or followed that page i posted in.
Or facebook disabled this option for me for unknown reason? Cuz i can't find other explanation why others can see what i post, but i can't see what they post on other pages.