Facebook chat status confusing?

David444

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013
I chat online with a friend, and they use facebook messenger on iphone. However, the chat statues really confuses me. There are normal times where the green shows next to them and they are online, and I message them, they see it and reply. However, there are some strange things. Sometimes, there will be green next to them, and I send a message, and it doesn't have the seen. Sometimes, when I refresh the page, it shows them as offline, but then when I click their name, it shows them online. It's a pattern sometimes constantly going back between online and offline, and the message remains unseen. However, a couple hours later, it will show that the message was seen when it was sent. There is obviously some issue here, I don't know whether they're really seen, or it's just a glitch. This is obviously an issue on the other end, as I don't have this issue with other friends. What is the problem? Some people on other sources have been told that sometimes messenger isn't accurate, like it shows them online, when they aren't. Could this be it?

David444

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013

So then it's probably a glitch or how the app works? I just want to be sure I'm probably not being ignored.