Facebook Founder Donates Half a Billion Dollars to Charity

Status
Not open for further replies.

mouse24

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2010
Not saying this wasn't awesome and a great thing to do but, after a while I would assume the money just keeps piling up and you can't spend it fast enough. Once you have everything you, well, have everything...

Devoteicon

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012
That's great. But I had trouble reading the article with his ugly mug staring back at me. Please do use that picture again. Thank you.

assasin32

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
Go Zuckerberg! Good job! I always love it when I see people donate to charity like this and I sincerely hope it encourages more to do the same.

kyee7k

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2006
Not saying donating is bad but just curious on how Zuckerberg could give ~$500 million when his company's shares took a bloodbath this year.

G

OOhh, Instagram, sell your pictures, yeah great idea, change the T&C's, OOPS, our users noticed , TANK Quick quick, do something, give to charity!

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]thecolorblue[/nom]ahh... the chilling effect of the spy state... gotta love it.[/citation]

If you thought the US was bad enough, head over to China. They put a couple of people under house arrest because of "excessively complaining" about their concerns for their children after the melamie milk scare.

Oh, and the guy who posted a website listing the 2007 earthquake's victims' names was also house arrested. His website was obviously taken down.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]kyee7k[/nom]Not saying donating is bad but just curious on how Zuckerberg could give ~$500 million when his company's shares took a bloodbath this year.[/citation]
his money =/= his company's money

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
This is a awfully great act. I may not be a fan of Facebook but I have growing respect for Zuckerberg.

[citation][nom]zipop[/nom]donate some to palestine[/citation]

Go directly to Gitmo, do not pass go do not collect $200.

Steveymoo

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
Far be it from me to say where this guy should be throwing his money around. But I can think of people and causes in far greater need than the local American education and health care systems. Help people that don't have means to help themselves plz, take a leaf out of Bill's book of philanthropy.

G

Giving away 500 million, probably saves him some billions from taxes...Classic super-rich "philanthropist"...And last but not least; why all super-rich (or, at least, those "said-to-be marionettes") are Jewish and ugly?

a)Because most Jewish are ugly: WROOOOOOOOONG!!!

b)Because most Jewish are "THE SYSTEM": RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!!

mouse24

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2010
[citation][nom]Steveymoo[/nom]Far be it from me to say where this guy should be throwing his money around. But I can think of people and causes in far greater need than the local American education and health care systems. Help people that don't have means to help themselves plz, take a leaf out of Bill's book of philanthropy.[/citation]

Those people can raise livestock or grow crops, take a page out of a survivalists book. You don't need money to stay alive, it just takes the dirty work out of it.

Steveymoo

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
[citation][nom]mouse24[/nom]Those people can raise livestock or grow crops, take a page out of a survivalists book. You don't need money to stay alive, it just takes the dirty work out of it.[/citation]

Not really, preventative solutions for stopping disease, medical supplies for people that would otherwise have none, aid for people that find themselves caught in a conflict they have no interest in. Food is one thing, taking for granted basic ammenities that you and I have access to is another. Would you rather see a healthy middle class child receive slightly better education, or an impoverished child saved from a slow and horrific death from malaria?

I think with a lot of people, it probably boils down to "why should he spend money on anything other than America." To you, I say, were you born without a heart?

Status
Not open for further replies.