Facebook Launches Tool for Reporting Suicidal Behavior

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
It would be fun in a sick way if facebook decided that those suicidal people should not infect the "sane" facebook users, and kicks them off facebook.

Also, the people I have met that don't use facebook and instead go on the old fashioned way to keep in touch, they seem to be the happiest, so, maybe it's not a sick fun but indeed a solution. For non-facebook-ers, a LOL is indeed a laugh with voice out, not just a smile if even that.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
Everyone now becomes a Facebook certified psychiatrist?
They should really keep their noses out of our lives and not
convert their users into snitches.
What's next; report any crimes of other users you (think) you are aware off ?
Or cheating ?
Or 'imoral' behavior ?

The new FBI... FaceBookInvestigator.

n3ard3ath

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2008
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]Everyone now becomes a Facebook certified psychiatrist?They should really keep their noses out of our lives and not convert their users into snitches.What's next; report any crimes of other users you (think) you are aware off ?Or cheating ?Or 'imoral' behavior ?The new FBI... FaceBookInvestigator.[/citation]

Well, I think if you are stupid enough to actually be on Facebook, you deserve all of what you mentioned above, don't you think?

n3ard3ath

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2008
Oh and by the way, there's already been plenty of people getting caught for crimes, and marriages broken cause of Facebook. Not cause of any code, but cause of other people sniffing into other's business. Isn't it what Facebook is all about?

n3ard3ath

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2008
[citation][nom]virtualban[/nom]It would be fun in a sick way if facebook decided that those suicidal people should not infect the "sane" facebook users, and kicks them off facebook.Also, the people I have met that don't use facebook and instead go on the old fashioned way to keep in touch, they seem to be the happiest, so, maybe it's not a sick fun but indeed a solution. For non-facebook-ers, a LOL is indeed a laugh with voice out, not just a smile if even that.[/citation]

A lot of people who use Facebook are insecure about themselves, even if they don't know it. That's the prime reason why they are on Facebook. They need to get the approval of as much people as possible to justify their miserable existence, without realizing that is not the right solution to their inner problems. Simply said, I would call it the Attention Whore Syndrome. That, or they're just sheeps following the herd, cause Facebook now became a society 'standard'.

n3ard3ath

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2008
To note that this phenomena began with teenage social networking stuff like MySpace, and now has spread to the entire society. A good sign of the immaturity and absurdity of this new trend.

Sorry for the multiple posts, that was my last one :p.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]n3ard3ath[/nom]Well, I think if you are stupid enough to actually be on Facebook, you deserve all of what you mentioned above, don't you think?[/citation]

I agree in that Facebook is a tremendous waste of time. However, it does not excuse them from dong what they are doing; i.e. privacy invasions etc.
It's kinda like saying the Nigerian scam artists are not at fault because if people are dumb enough to fall for this bull they deserve to get ripped off.

jimmy-bee

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2011
[citation][nom]dickcheney[/nom]Bah, we should just shove all the Christians in a big oven and call it a day. Most are not curable anyway.[/citation]
Someone didn't have his breakfast this morning. You are a fool and one day you will realize that.

n3ard3ath

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2008
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]I agree in that Facebook is a tremendous waste of time. However, it does not excuse them from dong what they are doing; i.e. privacy invasions etc. It's kinda like saying the Nigerian scam artists are not at fault because if people are dumb enough to fall for this bull they deserve to get ripped off.[/citation]

More or less a good point since FecalBook operates within legal boundaries. But I understand what you mean. It's just that I have hard time feeling sorry for these people. I would however really feel sorry for someone being scammed monetarily. Nobody deserves that, dumb or not.

n3ard3ath

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2008
[citation][nom]jimmy-bee[/nom]Facebook is in bed with FEDS and if you say it isn't you are a fool.[/citation]

So true.

[citation][nom]jimmy-bee[/nom]Someone didn't have his breakfast this morning. You are a fool and one day you will realize that.[/citation]

I don't understand the hate to Christians. Are some jealous that others have faith? Organized religion is bullshit, doesn't take a genius to realize it. It's not limited to Christianity. Doesn't make the people having faith at fault, the infrastructure is at fault. Any organization that seek monetary and political power is in some way corrupted anyway, it's not limited to organized religion.

Status
Not open for further replies.