Facebook, LiveJournal Hit by DDoS Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

viometrix

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2009
what do these people hope to gain by doing this? i remeber in my day of hacking we actually had a purpose.... not just some fu##ing script kiddie getting kicks

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
""So, that's Facebook, LiveJournal and Twitter all targeted by what we can only assume was the same group of people. Who do you think is responsible?""

Assumption is the mother of all F ups!

My guess: Twitter is the guilty party... they knocked themselves down so they could target Facebook and LiveJournal without being suspected.

nitto555rchallenger

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
[citation][nom]grieve[/nom]""So, that's Facebook, LiveJournal and Twitter all targeted by what we can only assume was the same group of people. Who do you think is responsible?""Assumption is the mother of all F ups!My guess: Twitter is the guilty party... they knocked themselves down so they could target Facebook and LiveJournal without being suspected.[/citation]

Why would Twitter do that when they all work hand in hand with each other? You can post tweets on facebook now.

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
[citation][nom]acecombat[/nom]North Korea!!! After Clinton's visit they are probably feeling vulnerable now and are asserting their authority.[/citation]
Korea DDosed on 28.5k must have used the entire country's internet but we all know it's always China's Russia's or France's fault

dingumf

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2009
Well anyways, I would like to say my thanks to whoever did this.. It shows how much faggotry there is in the world today.

Quote from Yahoo news-"I had to Google search Twitter to find out what was going on, when normally my Twitter feed gives me all the breaking news I need," said Alison Koski, a New York public-relations manager. She added she felt "completely lost" without Twitter.

nachowarrior

Distinguished
May 28, 2007
[citation][nom]IzzyCraft[/nom]Korea DDosed on 28.5k must have used the entire country's internet but we all know it's always China's Russia's or France's fault[/citation]

actually some regions of korea have a ridiculous connection speeds. I don't know why you're commenting with 28.5k? average cost of a 60meg connection is 25 usd over there. and that's considered "average".
http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=14800041
anyway, having said that, there's always going to be massive attacks on big sites due to the fact that there are a ton of people that don't know their system is part of a botnet, or just don't care except to call "dell" or "HP" and whine about their "slow computer". I like the idea of the isp's identifying ip addresses being used for possible attacks and blocking them... but that isn't the case with rogue isp's.

Status
Not open for further replies.