Facebook Quiely Sets Facebook.com as Default Email

Status
Not open for further replies.

aftcomet

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2010
[citation][nom]kcorp2003[/nom]i notice it immediately. i thought it wasn't anything special since i already changed it back.[/citation]

"i notice it immediately"

You're not really making a case for yourself.

QEFX

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2007
[citation][nom]aoneone[/nom]QUIELY? BHAHAHAHAHA nice editing jerk!![/citation]

Come on Aoneone, you know Tom's spelling and grammar checkers are like the edit button. Non-existent.

As far as the story goes, it's always a good thing to improve privacy and security. Especially for a site like facebook, where many (most?) of the users don't seem to take their privacy and security as seriously as they should.

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
How convenient for Facebook that improved security just happens to involves pushing people toward using Facebook email accounts. What a lucky and amazing coincidence!

bison88

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
I'm surprised Facebook has lasted as long as it has especially with things its done over the past 2 years. People don't believe this tech nerd when I tell them straight faced that I don't have a Facebook account and then I tell them exactly why.

eiskrystal

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
So it wasn't easier than just having the email not being seen by other people automatically? Who would want their email displayed in FB anyway?

Well if they want to fill a random email box on their servers with FB crud, more power to them, but I won't be checking it.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
"...and is part of the social network's recent flow of tweaks to give users more control over their information."
yes, because changing someone's email address without their consent is empowering them, right?
...Right, Kevin?

curiosul

Honorable
Apr 18, 2012
[citation][nom]Plasmid[/nom]I'm starting to get sick of Facebook and it's "I don't give a fuck what you think measures".[/citation]
So what? You don't pay for their product (directly) and you (basically) agreed to do whatever they want. I would say they don't do ENOUGH (to alienate their users ...).

Just my thoughts ...

faster23rd

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011
I've kept myself out of Facebook until last year, when my academic life was starting to entwine itself to the social network. It was when homeworks were submitted and recieved; when groupwork had to be coordinated and monitored; and when I had to be notified, all through Facebook. Admittedly, the transition was a beneficial one but I had to give up some privacy, it didn't bother me too much though. Yet, this new development makes me think of the things to come... and what I feel is coming ain't that good.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
If you force the change in name of privacy and security but offer the way to change it back (thus negating that purported privacy and security) then what the heck is the point?

Status
Not open for further replies.