Facebook Replaces Google Maps as Top U.S. Mobile App

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

"85,574 unique visitors" I think that's supposed to be in millions, like 85,574,000 unique visitors

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]ankit0x1[/nom]but still fb app sucks....web version is better[/citation]

great... so not only are people morons... they cant even be smart morons...

kinggremlin

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
[citation][nom]Ventis[/nom]"85,574 unique visitors" I think that's supposed to be in millions, like 85,574,000 unique visitors[/citation]

The lack of an editor/proofreader for news stories here is truly astonishing. If facebook actually had only 85k unique visitors last month, I think that would be a much MUCH bigger story than the fact it was the #1 app. 74k users for Google Maps last month? I think that's the actual number that used Apple's mapping service.

jn77

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
This does not make sense..... Google Maps is pre installed on every android device made. which means 100% of users have it installed whether they use it or not. I am pretty sure faceplam does not have a 100% install rate.

redgarl

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
Facebook is an app? Correction, Facebook is a waste of time, not an app.

Just think about it...
Where would be the world without google maps?
Where would be the world without Facebook?

WithoutWeakness

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
[citation][nom]jn77[/nom]This does not make sense..... Google Maps is pre installed on every android device made. which means 100% of users have it installed whether they use it or not. I am pretty sure faceplam does not have a 100% install rate.[/citation]
This isn't just Android phones. This is all smartphones. Since Apple removed Google Maps from iOS6 and replaced it with their crApple Maps you no longer have Google Maps on all iPhones.

Also, do keep in mind that this survey thing only counts the number of people who used the app in the month of December, 2012, not the number of people who have it installed. So even if every phone on the planet had Google Maps on it, if they never launched the app in December of 2012 they would not be counted in this survey.

Status
Not open for further replies.