Facebook slow on PC (Chrome)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent Dash

Estimable
Apr 3, 2015
I saved up to build myself a 5k dollar PC for gaming, music producing, and tons more (Ridiculous I know but not the point) It has 2 1080 ti's, a 6850k, 128 GB RAM, and a Samsung 850 PRO 500 GB SSD with Windows 10.

I have decent internet, not many programs open, and no more then 5 tabs open on chrome at once and I still have issues with Facebook. It lags so bad I can't even scroll or click on anything for a few minutes only to repeat the process again after a few seconds. Even the IM chat windows lag when I type text. I have cleared cookies/ cash and browsing history, I have made sure I have no viruses, and I have logged out of all open instances of FB in the security settings.

What could be going wrong?

Solution
I had the same problem in every browser. I have 32Gb of RAM and a high end processor. I typically have 30+ tabs open, because I can.

Immediately on opening Facebook (2 different Facebook accounts) on any browser, my CPU would crank up to 100%, the computer would get hot, and the fan would come on. It was difficult to do anything in any tab.

I reinstalled Chrome, ran it without extensions, cussed like crazy, and finally found what worked for me.

Kaspersky 2017 is not playing nicely with Facebook. They claim the 2018 version will fix it. I disabled Kaspersky, and didn't notice any changes - I *may* not have waited long enough. I EXITED Kaspersky, killed my browser, re-opened my browser and things ran fine.

Restarted Kaspersky, went...

Agent Dash

Estimable
Apr 3, 2015

Its just on chrome that it does this and I frequently update Chrome and all my drivers

JalYt_Justin

Prominent
Jun 12, 2017

Couple of things could be the problem. The biggest fix seems to be disabling IPv6 in your network adapter properties. Are you using a DNS server through one of your antiviruses?

danielp.garman

Prominent
Dec 23, 2017
I had the same problem in every browser. I have 32Gb of RAM and a high end processor. I typically have 30+ tabs open, because I can.

Immediately on opening Facebook (2 different Facebook accounts) on any browser, my CPU would crank up to 100%, the computer would get hot, and the fan would come on. It was difficult to do anything in any tab.

I reinstalled Chrome, ran it without extensions, cussed like crazy, and finally found what worked for me.

Kaspersky 2017 is not playing nicely with Facebook. They claim the 2018 version will fix it. I disabled Kaspersky, and didn't notice any changes - I *may* not have waited long enough. I EXITED Kaspersky, killed my browser, re-opened my browser and things ran fine.

Restarted Kaspersky, went to Kaspersky settings, disabled Anti-Banner, and watched Facebook run perfectly and Chrome using only 2% CPU.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.