Facebook to Launch Video Chat Effort with Skype?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
Facebook will become the new google at this rate, or maybe apple actually, cuz they're quite closed.

Their users are becoming more and more locked in

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]SneakySnake[/nom]Facebook will become the new google at this rate, or maybe apple actually, cuz they're quite closed.Their users are becoming more and more locked in[/citation]

Except most Apple users are happy to be locked in whereas Facebook users are halfheartedly struggling against their restraints.

Randomacts

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2010
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]Except most Apple users are happy to be locked in whereas Facebook users are halfheartedly struggling against their restraints.[/citation]

Well apple users are missguidedly happy... in their wall garden but atleast they are happy =D

nick8191

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2010
I hope that Diaspora catches on... Facebook is becoming way too big. I'm not really into social networking, but I can't wait to see Diaspora - open source projects are always interesting.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
ugh... i'm blaming my first late night wakup from a skype call on jane for putting this out there >_< ... oh wait i turn off my computer at night to save electricity nvm nothign to blame on our jane since it won't happen :D

formin

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
Future prediction - Facebook will have to abandon this deal after 95% of its users who are using the service are using it for sexual related cam stuff, majority underaged.
:( .... the younger generation these days

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]nick8191[/nom]I hope that Diaspora catches on... Facebook is becoming way too big. I'm not really into social networking, but I can't wait to see Diaspora - open source projects are always interesting.[/citation]

Diaspora sucks. You have to host your own diaspora server to broadcast your information or join a pre-existing server that isn't yours. Unless the Diaspora team makes some serious changes prior to the public launch that site isn't go anywhere and it's getting there fast. Way too technical for the average user and there aren't nearly enough people using it to justify switching from facebook.

There will probably come a time when something better than facebook comes out but it definitely isn't diaspora and it definitely won't be a facebook clone because you can't possibly beat facebook at its own game. Not happening. Too big, moves too fast, too powerful.

Status
Not open for further replies.