Facebook Used on 86 Percent of iOS Devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

christarp

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
[citation][nom]jankeke[/nom]Why would so many people want to polute their devices with facebook ?[/citation]
idk man im right there with you. Facebook is practically the devil, i mean as im sitting here in the dark with nothing but my underwear on downing cheetos by the dozen, all I can be thankful of is that I don't have any filthy access to the real world. It's so tsundere, who needs friends when you have a life size pillow of lucy from elfen lied to cuddle with.

I actually once got a friend request from someone on facebook, and I didn't even know the person! Can you believe it? Why would someone want to friend someone that they didn't know? Anyway, my social anxiety triggered immediately, what do I do? Block them? Not respond? Decline their request? Send them a message saying I do not know them and I don't want them in my life? I couldn't handle the stresses of basic human interaction, and then with the devil company facebook itself trying to shove their apps down my throat to monitor everything that happens in my feed? That was the last straw, never went back to facebook ever since, the users of toms have taught me that lesson and shown me the light (metaphorically speaking, I don't actually open my blinds).

Facebook is the plague of the century, it's disgusting really. Eugh, humans are the biggest waste of life ever, there needs to be another mass extinction on this earth.

G

It's pretty funny that 15% of Android users have removed Google from their phone. It makes sense though, the Google "app" is just a transparent link to a web browser, and only tech users with actual stuff on their phone's file system (i.e. much less than 85% of all users) would use it to find local content.

Google must also be front-loading the G+ app onto users, because I can't imagine that 24% of Android users are at all active (or even have a non-stock account).

Generally, it looks like iOS users have lots of social networking and shopping apps, and Android users have 6 different apps to go to Google and antivirus (lol). From this snapshot, it looks like Android is a closed ecosystem and iOS users are free to interact with the rest of the world.

jankeke

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011
[citation][nom]christarp[/nom]Eugh, humans are the biggest waste of life ever/citation]
I some cases I would agree with you.

Mastashake15

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012
[citation][nom]christarp[/nom]idk man im right there with you. Facebook is practically the devil, i mean as im sitting here in the dark with nothing but my underwear on downing cheetos by the dozen, all I can be thankful of is that I don't have any filthy access to the real world. It's so tsundere, who needs friends when you have a life size pillow of lucy from elfen lied to cuddle with. I actually once got a friend request from someone on facebook, and I didn't even know the person! Can you believe it? Why would someone want to friend someone that they didn't know? Anyway, my social anxiety triggered immediately, what do I do? Block them? Not respond? Decline their request? Send them a message saying I do not know them and I don't want them in my life? I couldn't handle the stresses of basic human interaction, and then with the devil company facebook itself trying to shove their apps down my throat to monitor everything that happens in my feed? That was the last straw, never went back to facebook ever since, the users of toms have taught me that lesson and shown me the light (metaphorically speaking, I don't actually open my blinds).Facebook is the plague of the century, it's disgusting really. Eugh, humans are the biggest waste of life ever, there needs to be another mass extinction on this earth.[/citation]

I love how you think being on facebook is having access to the real world. It's pretty cute actually. You must be what, 18 years old at the most?

bak0n

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
[citation][nom]jankeke[/nom]Why would so many people want to polute their devices with facebook ?[/citation]
Because they are Apple users and don't know any better.

ZING!

G

I use facebook, but I removed it from both of my android tablets and luckily, the windows phone version is built by microsoft and does not require the same permissions

G

[citation][nom]Xperia isisis a bad phone[/nom]It's pretty funny that 15% of Android users have removed Google from their phone. It makes sense though, the Google "app" is just a transparent link to a web browser, and only tech users with actual stuff on their phone's file system (i.e. much less than 85% of all users) would use it to find local content.Google must also be front-loading the G+ app onto users, because I can't imagine that 24% of Android users are at all active (or even have a non-stock account).Generally, it looks like iOS users have lots of social networking and shopping apps, and Android users have 6 different apps to go to Google and antivirus (lol). From this snapshot, it looks like Android is a closed ecosystem and iOS users are free to interact with the rest of the world.[/citation]

You gotta be joking. Android gives you full control over everything, Google gives you maps, search, Plus (with google Hangout), Picasa, Mail, Youtube (Google is the owner of Youtube), Translator, Books, and a lot more.

iOS gives you a shiny "Slide to Unlock" and the App Store, where everything costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.