Facebook video choppy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution

If you normally run Facebook videos with ease then its probably your internet. If you have had continued problems with choppy videos then i would recommend you make sure your GPU driver is up to date. If your GPU driver is up to date then a new GPU would help

nozzy7

Estimable
Feb 23, 2015

If you normally run Facebook videos with ease then its probably your internet. If you have had continued problems with choppy videos then i would recommend you make sure your GPU driver is up to date. If your GPU driver is up to date then a new GPU would help

Solution
Feb 23, 2018
I've this issue for a couple years, and done ALL sorts of browser "fixes". None worked. Until today. Updated my BIOS ... for me, using Dell's support, they auto-detected my PC, and updated from original BIOS.

I always allow the normal updates to my computer, but I guess these types aren't automatic(?).

All video issues are gone. Streaming smooth, and no more audio lag!

Jun 8, 2018
I had this problem a long time ago and never figured out why it was. However, I had it again today and I figured it out. It was because I had my laptop hooked up to an external monitor and then I went back to view Facebook on Chrome on my laptop screen. I'm guessing here, but it has to do with screen restitution resizing. What I did was close the chrome window (important*), set my computer resolution back to 1080p then restarted P.C. Vids on Facebook are now back to normal.

Hope this helps.

P.S.

Play around with your display settings pm P.C., it doesn't have to be 1080p but the higher the better for Facebook to view everything without a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.