Facebook's New Address is '1 Hacker Way'

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirGCal

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
Hmmm... Make people feel more comfortable about your computerized social service by renaming the road 'Hacker Way'... Not sure it's the brightest business decision... But... No, it's not even really funny either... Ehh... whatever floats their boat I guess...

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
[citation][nom]darkxuy[/nom]well, Facebook actually is one way for hackers to get your info.I find it fitting.[/citation]
Facebook probably IS the hacker, giving away all your informations

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Seems most think of the term "hacker" as a bad thing and are simply buying into the hype associated with the term. I would argue that the vaste majority of "hackers" are actually forces for good versus bad.

I am pretty sure no one considers FB as a force for good.....

cookoy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
Facebook is the mother of all hackers. People actually voluntarily submit their personal info and then become concerned about their privacy.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Considering the recent news that Zuckerberg's FB account was hacked and private photos exposed, maybe the correct address is 1 Hacked Way.
FB is a joke.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
Does anyone else find it hilarious that the card is in the form of a facebook status update? "Whatser Face shared her card." If it were me, I would have them add "1,754,236 people like this." and "Comments are disabled for this post." LOL

halls

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
To be fair, "hacker" wasn't always a malicious term when it came to computers. You used to call any programmer a "hacker" because they were trying to make things work or were a hobbyist.

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]Marco925[/nom]Facebook probably IS the hacker, giving away all your informations[/citation]
I agree except for one minor point. They aren't giving away people's information, the proper term would be selling.

deltatux

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2008
Anyone who tinkers with computers are called hackers. The media just misappropriated the term and made it sound bad. The white hat hackers were the original hackers. The black hat hackers are the one that the media likes to talk about.

Status
Not open for further replies.