Factory reset an rooted Phone with custom rom or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vdries

Estimable
Mar 27, 2014
Hey, I want to know if I can factory reset my phone when it's rooted and running a custom rom.
Will it harm my Phone or are there other options I can wipe of the data and get a New start?
I tested some roms out lately and now the Phone is full of back ups and roms. Any input?

Running carbon rom on moto g.
Thanks anyway ^^

Solution

Factory reset is never harmful if you are using custom ROM as reset doesn't wipes the "System" partition where your ROM is installed. It won't even wipe your external SD card and internal SD card where your data is stored. It will wipe internal memory where your apps are installed and it will wipe all cache and data of "System apps" (not the apps). In short term its not harmful for you. You said you have...

Vdries

Estimable
Mar 27, 2014

so if i take that backup with twrp and do what i said previously it would work? ;p

shahbaz200

Honorable
Apr 20, 2012

Factory reset is never harmful if you are using custom ROM as reset doesn't wipes the "System" partition where your ROM is installed. It won't even wipe your external SD card and internal SD card where your data is stored. It will wipe internal memory where your apps are installed and it will wipe all cache and data of "System apps" (not the apps). In short term its not harmful for you. You said you have tested some ROMS and phone is full of back ups and ROMS. For your info if you are using CWM recovery backups are stored in SD card under "clockworkmod" name and for TWRP it will have folder with "TWRP" name. You can delete them manually. About ROMs when you install a new ROM data of previous ROM is wiped automatically. Anyway if you have .zip files of ROMs you can find them where you put them in SD card and delete them.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.