Factory reset Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Ati4

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013
I have a galaxy tab and it has the OMNI ROM on it. I need to set it back to factory settings but dont know how to. Any help will be much appreciated.

Shaun o

Distinguished
No problem follow the steps bellow to factory restore you Galaxy note 10.1

- Turn Off your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 device.

- Wait for 10 seconds, Then move to the next step.

- Press and hold Volume Up key + Power key.

- Keep pressing the above keys until the Samsung Logo appears,Then release Power key only.

- When you see Factory reset / System Recovery menu on screen release the Volume Up Key.

- Use Volume Down key to select Wipe Data / Factory Reset option.

- Use Power key to confirm the operation.

- You need to use the Volume Down key again to select "Yes -- delete all user data"

- Use Power key to confirm.

- After performing the hard reset, Select Reboot System Now option, And confirm it using Power key.

- Now the phone will reboots, Wait for it to be fully on and then you can start using it.

Notice: The Hard Reset / Factory Reset operation will delete anything that are saved in your phone's internal memory, So make a backup of your data in case you can access them.

Ati4

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013

Tried this method several times and still don't work. However mine is touch screen instead of using buttons, does this help?

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Keep in mind that factory reset means you get to keep whatever ROM you installed on it, recovery, etc. You only delete your apps and personal settings. For that you can also go into Settings and either in Apps or Storage you'll find the option to do a reset.

If your goal is to restore the device to it's factory state, meaning you need to restore the original recovery and OS, you'll need these files and a method to flash them back on the device. Once you've installed a custom OS and recovery you don't have these on the phone's storage anymore.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
Read my initial answer; at this point it is safe to assume you did not perform a backup of the original ROM (even though on every single custom ROM tutorial I have read there is a strong advise to do so). Your only recourse is to re-read these tutorials carefully, explore xda-developers site and find the files you need and the procedure to do so. I would hint that you might need to use Odin for a complete factory-state restore.

Ati4

Honorable
Jul 24, 2013

I got this tablet with the custom ROM already installed and I couldn't find a backup on the device. I have looked on the internet on how to get the stock ROM but cant find out how to. Do you know any websites that have the stock ROM?

hoof

Estimable
Oct 29, 2014

Thank you Shaun, worked for me - I had a seemingly "lesser" problem - it is the second time that the touch screen function of my Samsung note 2014 stopped working - then it only works with the stylus, not with touch, previously had to take it in to dealer to have "repaired" Just a question, my son plays a "real steel" game which requires frequent swipes of the finger across the screen - can this be the cause of this recurring problem?

dtrimble

Estimable
Feb 21, 2015

Hi Shaun,

Thanks for that tip. I've tried this approach several times without luck. I can do the Volume Down + power to the custom OS and restart options, but not the reset. The system never returns a logo, just the Samsung GALAXY NOTE 10.1 screen.

Sure could use another option. Anything else in your bag of tricks?

Derrick

Adriane Daniel

Estimable
Jun 7, 2015

I used the Button Combination step.. And I just stock at the "Samsung Galaxt Note 10.1 Screen" even if I hold it for a long period of time. PLEASE HELP GUYS.. I need answers badly. :(

Adriane Daniel

Estimable
Jun 7, 2015

I used the Button Combination step.. And I just stock at the "Samsung Galaxt Note 10.1 Screen" even if I hold it for a long period of time. PLEASE HELP GUYS.. I need answers badly. :(

RushEngineer

Estimable
Aug 1, 2015
This worked Great Sean! Thanks for your help!!! :) :)

RushEngineer

Estimable
Aug 1, 2015
Make Sure you press both the Power and "Up-volume" buttons at the same time...then when you see the Samsung Logo screen...release the power button only and keep holding down the up-volume button until you see the RESET Options Screen.

reizablade

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013
Hey Shaun,

Your solution didn't work for me but It worked when I tried [POWER] + [VOLUME UP] + [HOME BUTTON]

reizablade

Honorable
Jan 7, 2013

What keeps going over and over again?
Are you able to get into the System Recovery area?
Do you have a custom ROM?
Is your device Rooted?

David_526

Commendable
Dec 3, 2016

hello. Has anyone found out how to solve this for the original note 10.1?
This one does not have a home button, by the way.