Factory reset stuck at 12%

sbledsoe52

Prominent
Sep 21, 2017
Just received my new HP 17.3 inch laptop, it started freezing right after signing on, trying a factory reset and after 5 hours I seem to be stuck at 12%, afraid to turn the laptop off, any suggestions, also pre installed windows10 and laptop did not come with recovery disk.

Thanks

Solution
I would just return it. If you warranty it you are likely to get a repaired unit rather then brand new.
Your other option is to call for service and then troubleshoot with them. Sounds likely that your Harddrive has issues. If you persue this route and this is the case, make sure HP sends out restore media. The harddrives usually come blank. They often charge for this but i would insist that it be free since you never could boot the pc to make your copy.

Personally, this is one of the items I only buy locally - so that I can exchange it within an hour if its not 'right' fresh out of the box. Monitors is another one.

popatim

Splendid
I would just return it. If you warranty it you are likely to get a repaired unit rather then brand new.
Your other option is to call for service and then troubleshoot with them. Sounds likely that your Harddrive has issues. If you persue this route and this is the case, make sure HP sends out restore media. The harddrives usually come blank. They often charge for this but i would insist that it be free since you never could boot the pc to make your copy.

Personally, this is one of the items I only buy locally - so that I can exchange it within an hour if its not 'right' fresh out of the box. Monitors is another one.

Solution