Solved! Factory Reset Won't Start

Dec 13, 2018
My Lenovo laptop has had some issues for a while and I want to do a factory reset. I went through the start of the process and got to the point where there is a popup saying, "Resetting this PC: This will take a few minutes and your PC will restart." It also has the familiar Windows loading circle. I waited hours and this popup stayed with no change. I cancelled the reset and that is where I am now.

I am running Windows 10 64-bit.

Solution
You can try as they suggested above, this link can get you the needed OS... https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Or you can try the following and see if it helps resolve the issue...

1. Turn off the laptop.
2. Turn off your WiFi, or take the laptop to an area where there isn't any WiFi. (If connected via Ethernet, unplug it.)
3. Turn on the laptop.
4. Once it fully loads, then turn on your WiFi again.

Sometimes (especially in 10) updates, including those that come after a reset, can get the computer stuck. It happens when an update fails, for whatever reason, and the device continually tries to get it to install over and over. Leaving you 'stuck'. Until you take away its ability to continue trying the update...
You can try as they suggested above, this link can get you the needed OS... https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Or you can try the following and see if it helps resolve the issue...

1. Turn off the laptop.
2. Turn off your WiFi, or take the laptop to an area where there isn't any WiFi. (If connected via Ethernet, unplug it.)
3. Turn on the laptop.
4. Once it fully loads, then turn on your WiFi again.

Sometimes (especially in 10) updates, including those that come after a reset, can get the computer stuck. It happens when an update fails, for whatever reason, and the device continually tries to get it to install over and over. Leaving you 'stuck'. Until you take away its ability to continue trying the update, hence the no WiFi, then it should load.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS