falling white screen

Dragonfairie

Estimable
Dec 6, 2014
While playing my game my screen will go white,I still have sound and sometimes can come out of it by hitting escape key or alt enter. Ive reseated the cable on screen once and cleaned all fans.It sits on a cool pad when im online gaming. Really need help on this one it's driving me crazy and Im strapped for cash right now.
Any help would be sweet
Thanks
Suzi

Solution
Your laptop model number might help. It sounds like a faulty display panel to me, having seen fifty or more units with the same exact symptoms (Screen that turns white either immediately after boot or at any point thereafter.). In every case it was either a cable between the display and board that had become broken inside the sheathing, the cable not being firmly seated on one end or the other or the display panel itself having failed.

Generally if it's the display adapter, the symptoms will be more related to the system freezing, getting blue screen reboots or getting abnormal artifacts on the screen. Not always, but usually.
Your laptop model number might help. It sounds like a faulty display panel to me, having seen fifty or more units with the same exact symptoms (Screen that turns white either immediately after boot or at any point thereafter.). In every case it was either a cable between the display and board that had become broken inside the sheathing, the cable not being firmly seated on one end or the other or the display panel itself having failed.

Generally if it's the display adapter, the symptoms will be more related to the system freezing, getting blue screen reboots or getting abnormal artifacts on the screen. Not always, but usually.

Solution