Netsurfer733

Honorable
Oct 13, 2013
Hey all. I'm hoping to find a remote desktop app that is very efficient/has the lowest latency when trying to *view* a computer via your cell phone. No need to be able to control a PC, I intend to game directly to a nearby PC with a wireless keyboard that switches between devices.

Reason being, I would like to be able to play WoW with such a setup here and there. I've been using Splashtop, but going through their servers or what not are far too laggy and I have a terrible time trying to control WoW with it. All I need is a good response time, perhaps an app that is just meant to view other PC's and won't directly control them - is there such a thing? Perhaps something through windows that could directly connect through WiFi/Bluetooth and not through 4g servers? Perhaps just something where you can project the screen via some kind of wire?

In any case, what is, in your guys' experience, the least laggy means of projecting a computer/desktop (tablet in my case) to a phone?

No answer per se as there are many factors/variables involved.

Any networking/connectivity performance will only be a fast as the slowest link. And the more links there are the more places for problems....

Be they hardware, software, or configuration related.

You may be able to achieve some overall level of performance and stability but that may not necessary be due to the remote desktop app you are using.

You might have, for example, a well written, "efficient" remote application but that application may not be configurable for the best wireless performance once into the configuration details.

The overall configuration is probably going more important. More likely to be a matter of some trial and error giving each trial some time to be fair and meaningful.

Netsurfer733

Honorable
Oct 13, 2013

Yeah I'm increasingly thinking, the more I've been experimenting, that these apps that work wirelessly in such a way that both devices would require an internet connection is a no-go for many of the reasons you cite. I think I would need to find a way to basically wire my tablet to project its screen to my phone such that even if they were both not connected to the internet, my phone could act as a sort of second display for the tablet.

But how would I wire it directly such that I take a micro-USB to a USB and get the screens to project NOT wirelessly? Is there such an app etc.?

TRENDING THREADS