Final Cut Pro, Sony Vegas, Adobe Premiere, which one is best?

g335

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2008
Hello

Which video editing program is better to use for video editing, Final Cut Pro X, Sony Vegas, or Adobe Premiere?

Solution
All three have a trial version available. Adobe products are available for either the Mac or PC. Vegas runs only on a PC and Final Cut Pro X only runs on a Mac. I guess you could try Vegas on a hackintosh or Vegas on a Mac using something like Boot Camp and Windows. Final Cut Pro X is $299 (of course you would probably want to purchase Compressor for $49.99), Vegas Pro 12 starts at $599.99 and Adobe Premiere is available on a subscription basis only ($19.99 per month for Premiere Pro CC only and $49.99 per month for everything in the Creative Cloud). The CC subscription would give you access to Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Audition, and other Adobe products.

As far is which is best, well that all depends on the user. Get...

manofchalk

Honorable
May 11, 2012
Which is better, Chocolate, Vanilla or Mint flavoured ice cream?
Their all good video editing applications, it pretty much just comes down to personal preference and what you know. I personally use Premiere because that's what I used first.

The Adobe Suite I'm pretty sure has a 30day free trial, so you can try that out if you want. Dont know about Vegas, and I'm pretty sure Final Cut is OSX only (which isnt an issue if you have a Mac). If what your doing isn't time sensitive, I suggest doing a bit of work in each to see which you prefer.

All three have a trial version available. Adobe products are available for either the Mac or PC. Vegas runs only on a PC and Final Cut Pro X only runs on a Mac. I guess you could try Vegas on a hackintosh or Vegas on a Mac using something like Boot Camp and Windows. Final Cut Pro X is $299 (of course you would probably want to purchase Compressor for $49.99), Vegas Pro 12 starts at $599.99 and Adobe Premiere is available on a subscription basis only ($19.99 per month for Premiere Pro CC only and $49.99 per month for everything in the Creative Cloud). The CC subscription would give you access to Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Audition, and other Adobe products.

As far is which is best, well that all depends on the user. Get the trial versions and see which one best suits your needs and/or you find the easiest to use.

Solution