Finding a provider to upload images using FTP

Sprog

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2006
Apologies if this thread is best served in another forum but this one seemed to me to be the most relevant one and I am becoming desperate!

It might be me just being thick but I simply cannot find a provider that will allow the following. All I'm looking for is a FTP server (if that's the correct terminology] that is preferably free (I only need about 500MB at any one time) that my security camera can automatically upload images to.

All I need to do in the camera's settings is provide it with a host name e.g. justupload.frigginimages.co.uk that requires a username & password and finally a path e.g. /images. It uses the default port 21 but can be changed.

Providers such as Google, DropBox and other various provider don't allow this simple method.

The only provider I've found that seems to have this simple service is http://www.lokad.com/ftp-hosting but even though they allow 1GB of free storage it can't be more than 50 files which is no use to me unless I upgrade. I might do this but I'm just amazed how difficult it is to find a provider for this. Like I said, it might be just being and there are loads of providers!

Thanks very much and hope you can help.

@Sprog,

Option 1: There're really cheap hosting plans (like $5/mo) which allow for this.
Option 2: Make an FTP server at home, and open your router so you can access it from outside. Disadvantage is that if your home is burglarized, your FTO server can be gone as well.