Finding the right PC Headset. And 7.1 vs 5.1? Help. Please!

Nico Da Ninja

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013
Hello, for Christmas I've decided to get a new headset to replace my old Crappy IHome headphones. I play games like DayZ and Battlefield 4 so surround sound is important to me. I was looking at the Plantronics GameCom 780 and the SteelSeries Siberia V2 with Built in USB sound card and the Siberia V2 without the built in sound card that goes into the audio input. My audio input is an Integrated - High Definition 5.1 Channel Audio. The 780's are 7.1 Dolby surround but I wasn't sure if it would work with the 5.1 Intergraded Audio. Please tell me if it would work and which headset would be better. I would like to plug a headset in to listen to my IPod but that isn't too important. If either of these are bad choices please direct me to some others. My budget is under 100$. The mic doesn't matter too much either but it would be nice to have a better one. The cables should also be at least 6 feet because my PC is pretty far from where I sit. Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it.

Nico Da Ninja

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013
Thanks for the reply. I heard that these seem to break like as in parts snap not functionally break wise. How long have you had them? What is the headset made of? And im guessing the 7.1 dolby surround would work because its a usb connection am I right? Even with a 5.1 integrated sound card?

Willdobbo

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2011
Ive had them almost a year now and had nothing wrong with them, nothing has broken at all :) they are made of pretty heavy duty plastic and a small amount of metal. Yeah the 7.1 would work as it is just a USB connection, you just have to install the dolby 7.1 software which comes with the headset :)

Nico Da Ninja

Honorable
Dec 8, 2013
Great tthanks. looks like ill be getting the GameCon 780.