Solved! Fingerscanner,webcam, etc. isn't working after W7 install.

melorock

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2009
So I recently purchased a laptop and I immediatly got rid of vista. I got the windows 7 beta as I get the free upgrade, but my fingerscanner, webcam, and extra user interface buttons aren't working. Any help?

Solution
The manufacturer of those parts in your laptop may not have drivers out for Win7 yet. The scroll bar on my laptop as well as the scroll buttons aren't working either. I went to the manufacturer's site and they don't have drivers available for mine.

Check your manu's site and see if they have the drivers for your specific devices.

rawirig

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2009
try downloading the drivers for your webcam and finger scanner on the internet or even better go to windows action centre and download them from there

good luck

The manufacturer of those parts in your laptop may not have drivers out for Win7 yet. The scroll bar on my laptop as well as the scroll buttons aren't working either. I went to the manufacturer's site and they don't have drivers available for mine.

Check your manu's site and see if they have the drivers for your specific devices.

Solution