Fire extension cable

Jul 3, 2018
Hi.. I've been trying to get my fire stick faster and nothing.! I have 2nd generation, bought the 4k and returned it cause no difference and harder to hook up a good kodi build. Now I bought the Ethernet stuff and it recognized it but always went back to my Wi-Fi, returned it. Ok, question is, I bought the HDMI extension cable and now it's not behind my tv, does it REALLY work or should I return that too? When I watch movies they lag a lot and have a great internet signal. What would u do? Thnx

Solution
An HDMI extension cable isn't going to impact the signal for a stream itself. Arguably a poor quality extension could impact your image quality, however unlikely..... but it's not impacting the stream quality.

If you find it's reverting to your Wifi opposed to ethernet, disconnect from the Wifi, then the only option will be an ethernet connection.

As for the streams themselves..... since you mentioned Kodi, are you using legit, legal streaming sites within the Kodi interface? Or third-party addons, linking to the hosting copyrighted materials?

There's many factors at play - most importantly being the quality/stability of the hosting site, and your internet connection/hardware being used.

If it's a poor quality host, it...
An HDMI extension cable isn't going to impact the signal for a stream itself. Arguably a poor quality extension could impact your image quality, however unlikely..... but it's not impacting the stream quality.

If you find it's reverting to your Wifi opposed to ethernet, disconnect from the Wifi, then the only option will be an ethernet connection.

As for the streams themselves..... since you mentioned Kodi, are you using legit, legal streaming sites within the Kodi interface? Or third-party addons, linking to the hosting copyrighted materials?

There's many factors at play - most importantly being the quality/stability of the hosting site, and your internet connection/hardware being used.

If it's a poor quality host, it doesn't matter how good your internet connection or hardware is.

Solution