Status
Not open for further replies.

cylis

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2006
Is there a way that you can use CCleaner with Firefox 3 to clean the Internet Cache WITHOUT closing out Firefox completely. If this option is possible, I would greatly appericate the help and feedback on what to do. Thanks!!

Rob

Jake_Barnes

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2003
Pretty sure you have to shut your browsers to effectively run CCleaner - no app can delete files that are being used by another program (FF 3).

cylis

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2006
Darn! It works with Internet Explorer where you do not have to close the actually program and tabs and loose what your doing. It is just a hassle to actually have to fully close FireFox to get rid of all that Internet Cache. Thanks for the help anyways though!

bctaaka

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2008
For Firefox 3...

crtl+shift+delete or tools--->clear private data

clears cache and other $hit check it out

Jake_Barnes

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2003
For Firefox 3... (also) - I use this:

Tools|Options|Privacy|(check) "Always clear my private data when I close Firefox - gives you a lot of privacy options to select ... but you still need to close FF to clear the stuff (or run CC)

Makes me wonder about the security of IE when other apps could possibly access it (or "wipe it") while it's open - a security feature is the inability of malware to get into system files while in use. That's how many firewalls "lock" down a host file, by passively engaging it while the system is on. it's an advanced feature option in Zone Alarm. I use it religiously.

Mousemonkey

Distinguished

After nearly two years do you think they'll care?

Status
Not open for further replies.