Firefox Plug-in Makes Piracy Easy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr_Man

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2008
Just to be clear: Bittorrent IS used to distribute Linux distros, even if it's used for pirating, also. In fact, Linux distros download faster through Bittorrent than pretty much any other type of data because of the massive number of people seeding them.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]liemfukliang[/nom]There are many version of pirate of one program. How the plug in choose the right working pirate program?[/citation]
I wonder this as well. It may be the first file. Which is retarded.

I don't remember it being that difficult to highlight a title and paste it into a new tab. And then I could find out of the file was crap ahead of time.

But I was talking to a Woman who had never heard of a Torrent, or BitTorrent, so apparently it's not as widely know as some of us may think.

nukemaster

Distinguished
[citation][nom]Mr_Man[/nom]Just to be clear: Bittorrent IS used to distribute Linux distros, even if it's used for pirating, also. In fact, Linux distros download faster through Bittorrent than pretty much any other type of data because of the massive number of people seeding them.[/citation]
It sure is faster. :)

G

YA, I like it but like Tindytim said. Cut and paste ...not like news2me but easy for noob kiddies. For 99.999% I steer clear of torrents anyway, to slow4me. I use da groups, I like it better for numerous reasons.

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
This could be bad. Piracy is great when its confusing and only tech people can do it. You start bringing it to mainstream and companies start falling. Look at dreamcast. It failed because everyone was copying games...

turbolover22

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
IMO the only people that would be even thinking about installing this plugin are those people that already know how to find their own torrents to dl. These people already know that you can't just choose the first torrent listed and get the best copy. So really the only people that will be installing this are those that are just learning about using torrents. Once they realize that they aren't getting the best results from their downloads they will stop using it and start finding their own dl's.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Normal people don't use FF plugins, so this will only help current pirates make a few less clicks. Personally, I'd rather search myself and choose what to me looks like the best download.

mr roboto

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2007
"It is important to note that even though the plug-in is a Firefox plug-in, there is still a chance of it being malicious software."

Typical fear mongering. That's all they know what to say or do to combat something they don't agree with. It's pathetic and doesn't work 90% of time. Same with this whole BS with the "War On Drugs". Let's lie to kids and tell them a hit of Ecstasy can kill you, instead of offering knowledge and clarity on the dangers they just use fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.