Firefox potentially crashing my computer.

Dreadbeard

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2012
I've used firefox a long time and never had problems, until a week or two ago when I did a windows reinstall.

My problem is as follows, when I use firefox 9times out of 10 it'll crash my system, it'll seem fine. Then it'll just freeze up completely, making my music play and infinite loop of buzzing, making it so I can't actually do anything but hard reset, this only seems to happen if I'm using, or recently have used firefox, I've had my pc on for a few days, no issues, use firefox bam crash.

In my event veiwer I see a few errors and warnings, they are as follows.

DNSclient events : name resolution for the name www.defendfairuse.org timed out after none of the configured dns servers responded, event I'd 1014

Kernal-pnp : the driver \driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device root \SIDESHOW\0001, event I'd 219

Kernal-event tracing : session "Microsoft security client OOBE" stopped due to the following error: 0xC000000D, event I'd 3

Do any of these show anything to do with the crash and what I might be able to do to stop it?, if I don't use firefox, my system remains stable.

Dreadbeard

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2012
Ill goa little more in depth, originally this started before a reinstall of windows, after I accidentally messed up the registry wich ccleaner, I reinstalled windows, same problem, then I did another reinstall shortly after for a new motherboard, I still have the issues, so both of those unfortunitly are out of the question, but deleting the OOBE thing might work, I'm yet to give it a try.

Dreadbeard

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2012
Well, it seems ok now, though every now and then it will semi freeze things up, and then after about a minute, it'll unfreeze, I checked my event log to find it said something about a service timeout.