First Android 3.2 Tablet is Unveiled By Huawei

Status
Not open for further replies.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Just because the tablet has 3G built in doesn't mean you have to pay for a data plan, there is probably a premoium for the hardware only but just don't put a sim card in it.

erinc

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
Looks like the first honeycomb device to not run Tegra2 so is interesting from this perspective.
With the extra raw MHz from the Qualcomm CPU it should be faster than Xoom, eeePad, Iconia etc in certain areas. Wonder what GPU power it is sporting.

Yes it does look a bit like a big iPhone4 but then if it's a good design, why not rip it off ? :p

o0RaidR0o

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2006
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Just because the tablet has 3G built in doesn't mean you have to pay for a data plan, there is probably a premoium for the hardware only but just don't put a sim card in it.[/citation]
I agree, but I guess it's the added price that bugs me, paying extra for hardware you're not going to use. Give me carrier free or give me death!

tomaz99

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2010
[citation][nom]nebun[/nom]this looks just like a jumbo iPhone4....very original...NOT[/citation]

Yeah...What do you want it to look like?

What can it look like?

When your device is a touch screen you're really limited...cause it's just a screen.

Beige or brown...

eatmeimadanish

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2004
Who cares about cpu power? The entire discussion around cpu power is just naive. Tablets are used for reading, watching videos, short time video games, and listening to music. What exactly do we need a more powerful CPU for? You know what I want? TV, CABLE, HULU, and NETFLIX without a central server in my house. Thats what everyone wants, until that happens, you can put a 6ghz octople core in the thing and I wont care about it.

I feel like I live in crazy town, if your tablet has all the power in the world, but cant do the things that we USE the tablet for, why are we even discussing it? I love android, but my IPAD (v1) still crushes everything else out there simply because it has at least half of the list above.

pozaks

Distinguished
May 12, 2010
[citation][nom]tomaz99[/nom]Yeah...What do you want it to look like?What can it look like?When your device is a touch screen you're really limited...cause it's just a screen.Beige or brown...[/citation]
There are other tablets that don't look like an iPhone4. This one looks like an iPhone4.

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
Looks fine. Just needs to be able to perform.

It seems apple does not want to enter this smaller screen market which is a better size option in my opinion.

fayzaan

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2010
[citation][nom]tomaz99[/nom]Yeah...What do you want it to look like?What can it look like?When your device is a touch screen you're really limited...cause it's just a screen.Beige or brown...[/citation]
it can look like a fruit cake!

starryman

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
Why make 2 models like Apple... one with 3G capability and one without. Apple made two models because they handicapped one intentionally and made the other with 3G service for a premium. There should be just one model with Wifi and 3G/4G capabilities.

Anyone buying a tablet just with WiFi will soon after wish they had the 3G/4G capability.

Luckily Apple didn't get to greedy by making 3 models... One with Wifi only, One with 3G only, and one with Wifi & 3G together.

I applaud Huwanger, Howuooi, whatever this company is called for making one model to rule them all.

PS. It looks like an iApple product? Great! Even better.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]Max Collodi[/nom]That's the same processor my phone has. Now I need to start wearing one of those battery pack belts to power it.[/citation]
You mean you're not already wearing one??

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]starryman[/nom]Why make 2 models like Apple... one with 3G capability and one without. Apple made two models because they handicapped one intentionally and made the other with 3G service for a premium. There should be just one model with Wifi and 3G/4G capabilities. Anyone buying a tablet just with WiFi will soon after wish they had the 3G/4G capability. Luckily Apple didn't get to greedy by making 3 models... One with Wifi only, One with 3G only, and one with Wifi & 3G together. I applaud Huwanger, Howuooi, whatever this company is called for making one model to rule them all.PS. It looks like an iApple product? Great! Even better.[/citation]

i have yet to ever want 3g, and i have been useing tablet like devices for over 10 years.

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
lol...good point...they could have made it out of carbon fiber

dotaloc

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
kinda looks like an hp slate to me.

off topic, set a few of those up at work...it wasn't bad. w7 certainly isn't optimized for touch, but it wasn't too awkward. with a blue-tooth kb/mouse, i don't think it would be a bad device.

Status
Not open for further replies.