First iOS 6 Jailbreak Launches; Will Hack the iPhone 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
Sometimes I wonder why Apple even bothers trying to make their iOS resistant against jailbreaking. It's like watching EA launching a game with DRM, and then watching the DRM get broken within less than a month.

sixdegree

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2011
It's sad that the jailbreaker is one who provide extra functionality to the phone instead of Apple itself. Apple should really hire those guys.

mrmez

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
Less than a month???
It lasted about 5 months, actually. A hell of a long time compared to pretty much anything else.

As for having a cry about how sad it is that Apple lock down their devices, give it a rest.
Almost EVERY device is locked to an extent, and hackers/crackers open it up. Including your android phone, and every Playstation or Xbox ever made, they are all locked, and can all be cracked.

SchizoFrog

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
Do these new jailbreaks let you unlock an iPhone to run on other networks?
Honest question as I recently found an iPhone 4 and am a loss as to what to do with it.

silver565

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
[citation][nom]mrmez[/nom]Less than a month???It lasted about 5 months, actually. A hell of a long time compared to pretty much anything else.As for having a cry about how sad it is that Apple lock down their devices, give it a rest.Almost EVERY device is locked to an extent, and hackers/crackers open it up. Including your android phone, and every Playstation or Xbox ever made, they are all locked, and can all be cracked.[/citation]

Last time I checked, you could install all sorts of images on your android device. Gaming consoles are locked yes, but they are completely different devices. The point posters here are trying to make, is that Apple brands itself on being revolutionary and making a device for "you" personally. Yet, a lot of people jailbreak them to make it "personal". Heck even steve wozniak has passed the same comment.

If Apple really were "revolutionary" and making devices for "you". You wouldn't have to jailbreak them

Steelseries

Honorable
May 3, 2012
[citation][nom]silver565[/nom]Last time I checked, you could install all sorts of images on your android device. Gaming consoles are locked yes, but they are completely different devices. The point posters here are trying to make, is that Apple brands itself on being revolutionary and making a device for "you" personally. Yet, a lot of people jailbreak them to make it "personal". Heck even steve wozniak has passed the same comment. If Apple really were "revolutionary" and making devices for "you". You wouldn't have to jailbreak them[/citation]

I'm not sure if you know what you're talking about
My SII LTE was a huge pain to root, way more difficult than it is to Jailbreak an iPhone
As for installing all sorts of images, I have no idea what you're referring to

People Jailbreak iPhones to get free apps. Just because you can't change little things around on iOS products doesn't mean you can't personalize them. If you're going to attack Apple, do it properly

getritch

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
[citation][nom]Steelseries[/nom]I'm not sure if you know what you're talking aboutMy SII LTE was a huge pain to root, way more difficult than it is to Jailbreak an iPhoneAs for installing all sorts of images, I have no idea what you're referring toPeople Jailbreak iPhones to get free apps. Just because you can't change little things around on iOS products doesn't mean you can't personalize them. If you're going to attack Apple, do it properly[/citation]

just a few corrections so you're clear, Google does NOT lock their operating system, SAMSUNG does. All nexus devices (directly from google, no phone maker or carrier skins on them) are unlocked and only require a few simple commands to get root access. Apple locks their devices no matter who is selling them, and while it may be easy for YOU to jailbreak an Iphone or Ipad, its certainly not easy for the coders who've devoted 5 months of their lives to cracking it, as opposed to the few days to a month it takes for a root to become available for any android console.

Not to mention, with each iteration of IOS, Apple makes it a bit harder, locking out old exploits and redesigning the security completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.