First time sound system owner, no clue how to set it up for 5.1

Sabbat-X

Prominent
Apr 25, 2017
Never had a set up like this before. Got it all from a pawn shop. It's set for stereo for now, but I want to set it up correctly eventually.

The TV is a Soniq e4e315c and the speakers are Logitech z506. I don't think they came with the black/green/orange cables that I see on the Logitech.

I'm going to be honest, I don't know a thing. I'm not even sure I did the stereo correctly, I just know sound come out. I'm at that level. So, sorry if I frustrate anyone, but I really need some help.

Solution
The z506 is not a sound system. It's a 5.1 powered speaker. That means it doesn't process audio into 5.1 surround sound.
No TV has 5.1 analog audio outputs so you connected it as well as you could. If the TV has an optical audio output you could get an optical to 5.1 analog converter that does Dolby Digital and connect that to the z506.
The z506 is not a sound system. It's a 5.1 powered speaker. That means it doesn't process audio into 5.1 surround sound.
No TV has 5.1 analog audio outputs so you connected it as well as you could. If the TV has an optical audio output you could get an optical to 5.1 analog converter that does Dolby Digital and connect that to the z506.

Solution