Solved! How to connect Sony HT-S20R 5.1 Channel Dolby Digital Soundbar Home Theatre System to PC

srinag

Estimable
Dec 20, 2015
Hi, i recently purchased Sony HT-S20R 5.1 Channel Dolby Digital Soundbar Home Theatre System and in order to connect this system to PC i am confused, as when i connect by analog to PC it just makes stereo sound ( 2 Speakers) where i cannot get 5.1 channel dolby effect........kindly suggest for better solution.

My Mother board model is ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0
Q8rmeV.jpg
fSlQQ0.jpg

Solution
You are going to need a soundcard (internal or USB external) that supports 5.1 and has an optical audio output. If you can go for an internal card it will probably be better since it's more likely to support more audio codecs and have more up to date drivers.

srinag

Estimable
Dec 20, 2015
You are going to need a soundcard (internal or USB external) that supports 5.1 and has an optical audio output. If you can go for an internal card it will probably be better since it's more likely to support more audio codecs and have more up to date drivers.
Thanks for the suggestion.......can please suggest a better compatible Internal sound card.......