FIVE More Developers Leave Infinity Ward

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

So after all of the developers join respawn I wonder what they will call it then? Respawned?

fisch_

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2010
I would like to know, why are they leaving Infinity ward ?
Does the company sucks hard or someone has a virus and that's why everyone is leaving?

XD_dued

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
[citation][nom]danimal_the_animal[/nom]sounds like a new company will start up....[/citation]

already did :)

http://www.respawn.com/

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
[citation][nom]hollowtek[/nom]So after all of the developers join respawn I wonder what they will call it then? Respawned?[/citation]

I think those who were former employees of IW would be respawned,

any New hirees would be Spawned

Shadow703793

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
[citation][nom]fisch_[/nom]I would like to know, why are they leaving Infinity ward ?Does the company sucks hard or someone has a virus and that's why everyone is leaving?[/citation]
Yes. IW $ucks, so does EA and many others. There are only a few dev companies that have my respect....

timbo

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2004
Looks like the next Modern Warfare installment will be made with the pc gaming community in mind. Dedicated servers & hopefully mapping tools, anyone?

bison88

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
Activision is probably going to get on the Press Release and say "Everything is OK! Do not dump our stock nothing is wrong this is normal after games are released, people leave. Seriously!"

Reminds me of this place:

http://www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com/

dannyaa

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2001
If, as Activision claims, Jason and Vince were in the wrong and being totally unreasonable and greedy... I'd be hard pressed to believe 16 other people who value their jobs and Activision as "such a great publisher" would leave to join with these jerks again. Yeah, right Activision. Besides, Activision has already shown consumers how greedy they are.

Perhaps this will teach publishers an important lesson: it's the developers and the people that matter the most, not the name of an IP. Opinions on Modern Warfare 2 aside, this will undoubtedly be a major blow to Activision's Modern Warfare 3.

I look forward to the coming years where publishers get moved largely out of the equation. As things move completely to digital distribution (not just for PC, but console as well) the only reason a publisher will be necessary is for funding. I think we will see a trend where a successful development house will start with a publisher/investor for initial funding, and then move out to be completely self sustainable. I think we will also see for more creative games, risks, and indie games being developed, as well as a renaissance in genres such as the Adventure game (as Telltale has already shown us).

timbo

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2004
dannyaa said: "... this will undoubtedly be a major blow to Activision's Modern Warfare 3."

Once again, this won't be a blow to Activision's MW3, because Activison doesn't own MW3. The founders of Respawn own the rights to MW3 and any subsequent MW title. Activision owns the rights to the COD series.

G

I hope we don't hear a similar story about Blizzard in the near future.

UbeRveLT

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2009
[citation][nom]Curnel_D[/nom]I think Activision just learned an important lesson. Artists aren't motivated by money. (But rather, the lack of it)[/citation]
Wouldn't that then mean that they are?? Not enough money?

Status
Not open for further replies.