Flame Malware Has Self-Destruct Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
deleting sensitive information across the Middle East

Okay, so this is the primary function. Now without a list of who/where is effected and what line of information is being deleted we can only try to guess who is behind it and why.

Clearly it is to hide something and to stop the spread of some sort of knowledge. This means the culprit is already involved heavily in the middle east and has something to hide. While clearly having access to well educated people to and advanced technology to make the worm , gee I wonder who could that be?

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
[citation][nom]cliffro[/nom]China? lol. I bet one of the alphabet agencies made it.[/citation]

China would be looking to steal information not destroy it. Besides China works more in the lines of censorship at home not elsewhere. It's a obvious whom made it.

mstngs351

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2009
The article said it removes traces of itself. That doesn't mean that it didn't grab any information or do anything malicious. Those of you saying that it's obvious who it was or that "China would be looking to steal..." should use your heads before jumping to conclusions.

nforce4max

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
[citation][nom]Kami3k[/nom]I knew this would get all the nutters out of their bunkers.[/citation]
[citation][nom]Tab54o[/nom]The U.S made it.[/citation]

Indeed

v3nom777

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012
It would be awesome to know who made it, but no country is going to admit to it. I'm going with USA, only because they are deeply entrenched in middle eastern politics.

jkflipflop98

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
Fighting over imaginary lines in a desert. Claiming that one section of the Earth's crust belongs to one group or another. Humans truely are imbeciles.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
You would be a fool to not think the pentagon does not deal within the realms of cyber attacks these days. Hell we already openly admit hacking websites and bringing them down. Now would it not make sense to make a spreading worm to destroy information that we do not want out?

Not only would some information of our own actions be harmful to our already poor relations in the middle east but as well as public opinion back home. Just look at how our government and military kicked and screamed from the last big thing from Wikileaks, if that happens again this will effect both voting and recruitment in the military branches.

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
[citation][nom]Tab54o[/nom]The U.S made it.[/citation]
but forgot to code the program so others couldn't modify it and use it against? com'on maybe if that reasons sob pvt. bradley manning made it.
seriously who throws a grenade but forgets to pull the pin?
why build nukes if you're going to give the launch codes to every one?
american cyber command is run by the air force. this speaks more of a naive rookie nation and i highly doubt isreali's or the american cyber warfare units are this dumb.
i can't put it past america tho due to the 2 dunce commander in chiefs letting china and iran capture top of the line spy planes with out blowing them up before they could be captured. but then again those 2 commander in chiefs are sell outs of america for political campaign funding donations from the communist party leadership in china. who knows what kind of kick back bribes they get after leaving office.

thecolorblue

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
common guys... maybe you only consume US corporate media because what else would explain the fact that you (and Toms apparently) are totally ignorant to current events.

Stux has already been confirmed to come from the USA and confirmed to be approved by obama no less for use against IRan... the program was begun by Bush 2 and Obama expanded it after taking office

this has all been reported before... not surprising that you all havent heard of this if you only watch the main corporate media outlets but still... don't come in here ignorant and then flame people who are actually correctly aware of current events

DSpider

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
[citation][nom]silver565[/nom]Guys... we all know it's North Korea[/citation]

Nah. They only have electricity from 6 to 9 PM over there.

Status
Not open for further replies.