Status
Not open for further replies.

ManoAamer

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013
Hi Guys ,
can i flash my phone into a new android without turning it on
the problem is that there is no os in my phone so i can't open it
when i open the recovery mode , normal mode or the download mode it gives me nothing :'(
is there a program that can add a new android to my phone without turning it on

Hi :)

NO...

All the best Brett :)

ManoAamer

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013

come on man
say i don't know . give me some hope :D

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
It's definitely do-able but requires a bit of knowledge.

First of all what kind of phone do you have? And why is there no OS on it?

Secondly, do you have the Android developers kit on your PC? And are you able to load the HBOOT menu on your phone?

Third, are you familiar at all with Linux command shells? Android is built off the Linux kernel and thus uses Linux commands.

ManoAamer

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013

Hi dude ,

First of all I would like to apologize for my late answer
Second I would like to thank you for your reply
And now with the answers that you want .
My device is Samsung galaxy s i9000 . And I was simply flashing it to android 4.1 jeally bean
And about this developers kit ... I know nothing about it
And about loading my HBOOT .. I can't load it . I can't load or start any thing .
And about Linux .. I am not that good with Linux but my brother is a Linux administrator . He is really good with Linux .

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
How were you trying to flash it exactly if you don't have the Android developers kit? Can you explain the process? Or link me to the guide you may have been following?

You'll need to download the Android developers kit from here http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

Once you have it downloaded, open the "Android SDK Manager" and select all the following things:
Android SDK Tools
Android SDK Platform Tools
Extras folder > Android Support Library
Extras folder > Google USB Driver

Once you get it all set up, you'll need to get a little familiar with the command prompt.

I'll try and walk you through it all once you get this far.

ManoAamer

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013

i was installing it through odin
and i will reply again when i download the developers kit

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
When it prompts you for the installation location, install it to the C: drive, outside of any other folders.

For example on my computer in the C: drive I have;

AMD
Dolby Pcee
Perflogs
Program Files
Program Files x86
SDK
Turtle Beach
Users
Windows

Installing it here makes for really easy access later on because you have to use the "cd" command from the shell.

ManoAamer

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013

i downloaded the program and installed the things that you told me to install
and now what should i do ???
I think it will be better to communicate through facebook
if it is ok to speak to me through facebook this is my account
facebook.com/[INFO REMOVED]

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
Here would be better as this way others with the same issue can view this for reference later.

I also edited out your facebook from the previous post to protect you from potential spam/harassment.

If you installed it to the C: drive this is what I want you to do.

Open start and type "cmd" right click the application and select "run as administrator"

In the black window that appears, type the following and then press enter:
cd c:\sdk\sdk\platform-tools

Plug in your phone and hold down the volume down + power button + home button until windows tells you a new device has been connected. If that doesn't work, try the same combo with volume up instead.

Back in the black box, type the following hitting enter after each line:
adb shell
start daemon
exit
adb reboot bootloader

Does the fastboot menu appear on your phone at this point?

Edit: if Windows doesn't detect the phone, you may need to download the drivers direct from Samsung, found here - http://download.clockworkmod.com/drivers/SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones.exe

Hi :)

Love the new sig :) :) :)

All the best Brett :)

ManoAamer

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013

i did all what you said and the cmd ran as the platform tools but my computer still cant find the device

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012

That was a reply to Brett who commented on my signature.

ManoAamer

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013

sorry dude my english is not my language and there are too many words that i can't understand :)

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
You're absolutely sure it doesn't power on at all when you hold volume down + power + home? And did you reboot your computer after installing the drivers and developer kit? If not, reboot it now then try again.

ManoAamer

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013

I restarted my pc and no thing happens
but there is a small difference when i do these steps it gives me a small vibrate . if the cable is unplugged from the phone it doesn't give me this vibrate . the vibrate happens only while the cable is plugged

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
It should do that, the vibrate is good. But you must be doing something wrong if it isn't bringing up the download screen.

As soon as it vibrates let go of the buttons. Make sure it's plugged in, and you've done the "cd C:\sdk\sdk\platform-tools" command first.

Oh one other thing that could be the issue, 99% of people already have it, so I didn't bother mentioning it earlier. You need to have Java installed to use the developers kit properly. If you don't have it yet, download and install it, then try again.

Once we can confirm you're able to access the recovery menus - the rest should be nice and easy.

ManoAamer

Honorable
Jan 6, 2013

i will install the java now . and i did these steps exactly as you said .
one more thing ... should i start the samsung USB driver and the developer kit or i don't have to run them ?

Status
Not open for further replies.